Wednesday, June 13, 2012

First impressions from Stephen Carter, National Ambassador Program Manager


You cannot believe how energetic the White Ribbon office staff is – smart, creative people who work hard to progress the White Ribbon mission. In some ways, this energy reflects the enthusiasm of the many Ambassadors and other volunteers I have met or spoken with on the phone over the last eight weeks. It is not hard to get excited when you are surrounded by all this enthusiasm. Without doubt, this is a great cause being driven by great people.
 
I have been surprised (although, in retrospect, I shouldn’t have been) by the amazing stories that Ambassadors have been telling me in relation to why they became involved in White Ribbon. This has included some very personal and difficult stories and I thank you for sharing.

Next week I will be traveling to a number of capital cities with Libby Davies, CEO of White Ribbon. This trip will focus on strengthening the working relationships between the White Ribbon National Office and State/Territory White Ribbon committees and groups. I look forward to meeting lots of you on this trip.
 
So, now that I (almost) have week eight under my belt, what is causing me to be excited going forward?
 
Three things:
  1. Make sure the Ambassadors team (Liam Dooley and I) provide great service to Ambassadors.
  2. Create new resources to support Ambassadors who are presenting on behalf of White Ribbon.
  3. Develop new ways for Ambassadors to talk to each other and to White Ribbon.
So, I put this to you – what do you want to achieve with White Ribbon in 2012?
 

Stephen Carter
National Ambassador Program Manager
White Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

By commenting on this post, you are agreeing to our Comments Policy