Monday, September 2, 2013

Wishing for another father’s day card…if only. A post from a White Ribbon supporter.

Father’s day has come and gone. It’s a time to celebrate what it means to be a father and the love that father’s give, no matter what.

However, to others it can bring memories of the past and the loss of a son or daughter.

In my case I recently lost my daughter who lived in a domestic violence relationship. For those fathers who live with only memories, I share your grief. I still have beautiful memories that I would like to share with all the Fathers who read this.

What Father’s Day meant to my daughter.

I found this 2012 Father’s Day card on my side cupboard from my daughter who passed in March 2013.

Dearest Dad

Today is father’s day and I wish I was with you even though I have my own family it’s just not the same without my Dad. You are my rock, my strength and always in my heart and mind, guiding me through life and its challenges, you are my inspiration. Thank you for being the best dad I could ever ask for. You and mum and our family are my life.
I will always be your little girl and Daddy’s girl no matter how old I get. I love you more than words can say.

Love Helena

This love was taken from me and with your help, and the work of White Ribbon, we can reduce violence against women.

Helena’s Dad,
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment

By commenting on this post, you are agreeing to our Comments Policy